Dad and Brynn wore their kilts to the wedding, and I think other than the beauty of the bride herself, Brynn stole the day:


Today is St. Patrick's Day and I was planning to send Brynn to school in his Irish rugby shirt and jeans. However during a conversation with his teacher, it was suggested that my Dad go into the classroom dressed in his kilt and talk to the kiddos.
"I can wear my kilt too," said Brynn.
I will admit that right away I was a little worried about what the other kids would say. Would they tease him? Would he feel embarrassed? But he really wanted to do it.

I walked him into his classroom this morning and the teachers loved it. But he was nervous; he ran into the bathroom to put jeans on under the kilt. Then we headed for the playground and sure enough, the first girl that saw him said "He's wearing a skirt." Brynn didn't hear her, and it was time for me to leave.
I did so with a bit of a heavy heart. My little baby was growing up, and his innocence was being tested. My prayer is that none of the bigger kids tease him today, that they are respectful enough to be interested, not rude.
Can you see my mother's heart of worry here?

Brynn was so proud of his kilt in class today it was really neat to see your dad come in with him he just grinned from ear to ear he is so sweet he is such a joy to have in there!!!
ReplyDeleteI love my Brynn! He was and is so handsome in his kilt.
ReplyDelete